October 28 – November 7, 2016
Q: What will I do on the trip?
A: Team members will be able to participate in a variety of ways during this trip. You will be able to use your gifts and skills, even the ones you don’t know you have.
- Outreach Ministry: The ministry team will be presenting the Gospel through dramas, music, and crafts at orphanages and street outreach. Also, there will be an opportunity to do children’s clothing distribution.
- Leadership Training Ministry: There will be an opportunity to provide training to pastors and church leaders.
- Festival Ministry: Everyone will have the chance to serve at the festival.
Q: What is the trip schedule?
A: The general schedule could be as follows:
- Saturday, October 28: Depart from the U.S.
- Sunday, October 30: Arrive in Mandalay, Myanmar
- Monday, October 31:
1st day of outreach events
- Tuesday, November 1:
2nd day of outreaches
1st day of Pastors Conference
- Wednesday, November 2:
3rd day of outreaches
2nd day of Pastors Conference
- Thursday, November 3:
4th day of outreaches
3rd day of Pastors Conference
- Friday, November 4:
5th day of outreaches
4th day of Pastors Conference
1st night of Festival
- Saturday, November 5:
2nd night of Festival
- Sunday, November 6:
3rd night of Festival
- Monday, November 7: Return to the U.S.
Q: How will you book flights?
A: Reid Saunders Association is booking through a travel agency in Portland, OR. Once you have been accepted for the trip, we will submit your city of departure to the agency, when possible they will group people together for group rates.
Q: How much does the trip cost?
A: The trip cost is $3,500. Trip cost includes all meals, lodging, transportation, and events within Myanmar. Additional costs not included are passports, visas, vaccinations, souvenirs, and meals while traveling to and from Myanmar.
Q: What resources do you have to help me raise funds?
A: Resource to help raise funds can be found at: http://reidsaunders.org/mission-forms/
Q: The deadline to submit your application has been extended to August 29
A: The payment plan is as follows:
$3,150 if paid on August 29 or before
$3,500 if paid after August in the following installments:
– $1,500 by August 29
– $1,000 by September 15
– $1,000 by October 15th
Q: Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Myanmar?
A: Yes to both – you need a passport and a visa to travel to Myanmar.
- If you do not have a passport, please apply here http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html or at local post office.
- If you already have a passport, ensure that it is valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of the intended departure date, also ensure that it has at least one unused passport page.
- The cost of a tourist visa for Myanmar is $50. To obtain your e-visa go to: http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/NewApplication.aspx#
Q: What vaccinations or medication will I need for the trip?
A: Please consult your doctor, travel clinic, or the CDC website listed here http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/myanmar.htm. We recommend visiting or calling your health care provider at least one month before travel so you have time to schedule appointments, vaccinations, or purchase prescriptions. Please note that you are responsible for any fees related to vaccinations or medication.
Q: How do I apply to be part of the team?
A: Download an application and a pastoral reference form from http://reidsaunders.org/mission-forms/
- Fill out the application form and mail it along with a check of $250 (non-refundable application fee) made payable to Reid Saunders Association, P.O. Box 4275, Salem, OR 97302. Your deposit is your personal commitment to the mission. Applications submitted without a deposit will not be considered for participation. The Missions Committee will review your application and will inform you of its decision within two weeks of receiving your application and pastoral reference.
- Give the pastoral reference to a church leader in your church and ask the person to mail it to Reid Saunders Association.
Q: How do I make payments to RSA for my trip?
A: You can pay in three ways:
- By check. Make the check payable to Reid Saunders Association and mail to P.O. Box 4275, Salem OR 97302. Your name must not appear anywhere on the check. A separate note may be included with the check stating the contribution is to be applied to your trip cost.
- By direct deposit. Call the RSA office at 503-581-7394 – Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- By credit card. To make a payment over the phone, please call the RSA office, or to make your payment online go to http://reidsaunders.org/give-now/ Please be aware that by paying through credit card, an additional 3% charge on the amount paid will be made to your trip account.
Q: Are donations tax deductible?
A: Yes, all donations sent to Reid Saunders Association are tax-deductible and the donor will receive a statement on the month the donation was given and a year-end statement.
Q: How do my donors give towards my trip?
A: Donors can submit contributions to RSA to P. O Box 4275, Salem OR 97302. For contributions to be tax-deductible, checks must be made payable to Reid Saunders Association. Your name must not appear anywhere on the check. A separate note may be included with the check stating the contribution is on your behalf.
Q: What if I have paid but find out that can’t go on the trip or if the incoming donations exceed my need?
A: Any contributions received by RSA, even from participants that need to cancel their trip, are non-refundable unless the trip is cancelled by RSA because of unrest in the country being visited.
If the total amount of donations received by RSA for participants trip expenses is more than the amount of the trip, the trip participant and the donors are not allowed to receive back the excess funds because the contributions were made to RSA as a gift for mission work and not for the personal use of a participant. Donations that exceed the need of the participant will be used to funding the needs of the trip.
Q: Who can participate on this mission trip?
A: People 16 years or older can participate. Anyone under the age of 18 must have parental consent to participate on the trip. Please contact Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a parental consent form.
Once you’ve been accepted as a team member, we will email you more specific information on the attire you can wear on the trip, luggage requirements, what to bring, and other trip information. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call Phil or Ruth at 503-581-7394.