April 22 – May 2, 2017
Q: What will I do on the trip?
A: Team members will be able to participate in a variety of ways during this trip. You will be able to use your gifts and skills, even the ones you don’t know you have.
- Medical Clinic Ministry: The medical team will provide medical care in a needy community. We will need medical personnel as well as people to help with registration, pharmacy and prayer.
- Outreach Ministry: This ministry team will be presenting the Gospel through dramas, music and crafts at schools, orphanages and street outreach. Also, there will be an opportunity to do children’s clothing distribution.
- Festival Ministry: Everyone will have the chance to serve at the festival.
Q: What is the trip schedule?
A: The basic schedule will be as follows:
- Saturday, April 22: Arrive in Peru
- Sunday, April 23: Visit churches and orientation
- Monday, April 24 – Friday, April 28: Carry out medical clinics and outreach events
- Friday, April 28: 1 st day of festival in the afternoon
- Saturday, April 29: 2 nd day of festival
- Sunday, April 30: 3 rd day of festival
- Monday, May 1: Sightseeing day in Lima (or take an optional trip to Machu Picchu for $700 additional cost. This will add two more days to the trip. Return date with Machu Picchu trip included is Thursday, May 4)
- Tuesday, May 2: Return home for team members who do not take the optional trip to Machu Picchu
Q: How will you book flights?
A: Reid Saunders Association (RSA) is booking through a travel agency in Portland, OR. Once you have been accepted for the trip, we will submit your city of departure to the agency, when possible they will group people together for group rates.
Q: How much does the trip cost?
A: The trip cost is $1,850 plus airfare. Trip cost includes all meals, lodging, transportation, and events within Peru. Additional costs not included are passports, visas, vaccinations, souvenirs, and meals while traveling to and from Peru.
Q: What resources do you have to help me raise funds?
A: Resource to help raise funds can be found at: http://reidsaunders.org/mission-forms
Q: Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Peru?
A: Yes, you need a passport but don’t need a visa to travel to Peru.
- If you do not have a passport, please apply here http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html or at a local post office.
- If you already have a passport, ensure that it is valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of the intended departure date (October 2017), also ensure that it has at least one unused page.
Q: What vaccinations or medication will I need for the trip?
A: Please consult your doctor, travel clinic, or the CDC website listed here http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/peru.htm. We recommend visiting or calling your health care provider at least one month before travel so you have time to schedule appointments, vaccinations, or purchase prescriptions. Please note that you are responsible for any fees related to vaccinations or medication.
Q: How do I apply to be part of the team?
A: Download an application and a pastoral reference form from http://reidsaunders.org/mission-forms/
- Fill out the application form and mail it to Reid Saunders Association, P.O. Box 4275, Salem, OR 97302. Your application needs to be received by RSA before January 1, 2017. The Missions Committee will review your application and will inform you of its decision within two weeks of receiving your application and pastoral reference. Admittance to the trip is limited to space available and acceptance of your application and pastoral reference letter.
- Give the pastoral reference to a church leader in your church and ask the person to mail it to Reid Saunders Association.
Q: Do I need to pay the entire trip cost by January 1 ?
A: Once you have been notified that you’ve been approved as a team member, you can pay the trip in full or you can pay in installments as follows: $1,000 by Jan. 31, 2017 $1,000 by Feb. 28, 2017 (If taking the optional trip to Machu Picchu, an additional $700 need to be paid by Feb. 28) $1,000 by March 31, 2017 (Or remainder depending on airfare)
Q: How do I make payments to RSA for my trip?
A: You can pay in three ways:
- By check. Make the check payable to Reid Saunders Association and mail to P.O. Box 4275, Salem OR 97302. Your name must not appear on the memo line of the check, only trip name. A separate note may be included with the check stating the contribution is to be applied to your trip cost.
- By direct deposit. Call the RSA office at 503-581- 7394 – Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- By credit card. To make a payment over the phone, please call the RSA office, or to make your payment online go to http://reidsaunders.org/give-now/ Please be aware that when paying with a credit card, an additional 3% charge will be added to your trip account.
Q: Are donations tax deductible?
A: Yes, all donations sent to Reid Saunders Association are tax-deductible and the donor will receive a statement on the month the donation was given. Also, the donor will receive a year-end statement for tax purposes.
Q: How do my donors give towards my trip?
A: Donors can submit contributions to RSA to P. O Box 4275, Salem OR 97302. For contributions to be tax-deductible, checks must be made payable to Reid Saunders Association. Your name must not appear on the memo line of the check. A separate note may be included with the check stating the contribution is on your behalf.
Q: What if I have paid but find out that can’t go on the trip or if the incoming donations exceed my need?
A: Any contributions received by RSA, even from participants that need to cancel their trip, are non-refundable unless the trip is cancelled by RSA because of unrest in the country being visited. If the total amount of donations received by RSA for participants trip expenses is more than the amount of the trip, the trip participant and the donors are not allowed to receive back the excess funds because the contributions were made to RSA as a gift for mission work and not for the personal use of a participant. Donations that exceed the need of the participant will be used to funding the needs of the trip.
Q: Who can participate on this mission trip?
A: People 16 years or older can participate. Anyone under the age of 18 must have parental consent to participate on the trip. Please contact Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a parental consent form. Once you’ve been accepted as a team member, we will email you more specific information on the attire you can wear on the trip, luggage requirements, what to bring, and other trip information. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Ruth at 503-581- 7394 or email@example.com.